HomePostsAffected by Wildfires? Mr. Cooper Is Here To Help

Affected by Wildfires? Mr. Cooper Is Here To Help

Our hearts go out to everyone impacted by the devastation of the recent wildfires. Our customer service team members are standing by ready to assist those who have been affected. If you are a Mr. Cooper customer and your home has been impacted, please call us at 888-480-2432. Below are helpful links and information to help answer questions about insurance claims for wildfire damage and where to go for help.  

Steps Customers Should Take For Insurance Claims Regarding Wildfire Damage

1. Contact your homeowner’s insurance provider.
Report the wildfire damage, determine your coverage, and file a claim.

2. Register for Disaster Assistance.
Visit www.DisasterAssistance.gov or call the registration phone number at 800-621-FEMA (3362). Coverage may vary depending on your insurance policies, and there may be resources available to you that are not covered under your insurance.

3. Call Mr. Cooper, your home loan company, at 888-480-2432.
Tell us how you have been affected by wildfire damage and provide us with an updated address if you have been temporarily relocated.

4. If the wildfire damage to your property is covered, your insurance company will send a loss draft check (or claim check) to either you or Mr. Cooper.
This check will typically need to be endorsed by both you and Mr. Cooper, your home loan company.

5. Here is the required documentation needed in order to expedite the processing of your claim with us.
For more information on the process, see our Claim Package for more details.

  • Endorsed Insurance Claim Check
  • Insurance Company Adjuster’s Worksheet
  • Signed Contract/Proposal with your contractor
  • Contractor’s Waiver of Lien
  • Contractor’s Internal Revenue W-9
  • Copy of the Contractor’s License

Note: When you get an insurance claim check, please call our Loss Draft Department at 866-825-9302 for assistance.  

Helpful Resources
If you need additional assistance, here are some helpful resources:

FEMA – Registering online at www.DisasterAssistance.gov is the quickest way to register for FEMA assistance. If you are unable to access the internet, you can also call at 1-800-621-FEMA (3362).

Red Cross – Visit the “Get Help” section of its website or call 1-800-RED-CROSS.